Sunday, August 21, 2011

ARTIST'S BLOCKS


Hey guys, sorry it's been a lil' while.  My sister moved in last weekend and it's been a perpetual line of activities since.  Good stuff!  By the way, tomorrow is her and her roommate's first day of college classes.  Pray that it goes well and that they can find interest and motivation in even their driest of Gen. Ed.'s!

Back to the title slide.

If you have ever glanced at my event's page, you'd already know that the evoke365 art show opened last Thursday.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, I suggest following the provided link in order to familiarize yourself with the topic at hand.

Now that we are all on the same page, the event went very smoothly and the turnout was tremendous! Praise God!  It did pour down rain for the first hour upon opening, so the outdoor events such as: break dancing, spoken word and sharing of testimonies did not come to fruition.  This however, was not as debilitating as it sounds.  The gallery was still packed.  I mean, I had a hard time navigating the congestion in the front hallway where our main display was and people were talking!

The main wall in the entrance hallway.
In the Orlando Magic sponsored room.

My pieces.  It tickles me that they were put next to the photography studio.

Also, we had a book of all the pieces in the show, along with descriptions of particular blocks and their intended meaning.  I was blessed with the opportunity to photograph all the panels of blocks for the book.  I am excited to have my photos published in a book for the first time!  The book is available at the gallery for $20.



By the way, if my calculations are correct there are about 1,603 blocks in the gallery.

It gives me immense joy seeing that many people exposed to the message and culture of Christianity in a rather disarming environment.  With the sheer quantity of topics and styles represented, every person had something to relate to.  My hope is that conversations do get started, that Jesus does get talked about in a real manner and that a culture that worships an open mind, applies that notion, even to something they view as antithetical and stale.





No comments:

Post a Comment