Monday, July 11, 2011

MARRIAGE PREP.....ENGAGE!







"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."
- Colossians 3:16            

So, last weekend my good friend and roommate (Chase) and his beautiful lady (Chloe [she's my friend as well!]) became engaged ...and I helped!™

You see, Chase devised a scheme to pop the question over the Forth of July weekend, while we were all back home in the Florida Panhandle.  Under the guise of your quotidian sunset beach-walk, Chase led Chloe to a predetermined location at which his family had written "Will You Marry Me?" in the sand with a flock of adorably dainty LED candles.  All the while, I was perched behind the dunes, neath the cover of a restaurant's beachfront deck.  

Now, I would have made a rather convincing bid for one of those creepy don't-have-a-relationship-so-I-satisfy-that-desire-vicariously-through-stealthily-observing-the-intimate-moments-of-others kind of guys, but I had camera with a 300mm telephoto lens with me.... yeah..... definitely alleviates the creepiness. 

Anyway, I was blessed with the task of capturing the proposal as it unfolded, unbeknownst to Chloe.  I was like a big, pervy sniper! 

So, here is the juicy part:



















Now, I was way out of earshot, but I dabble in body language, and I think she was both surprised and ecstatic, and about 95% says there was a "yes" uttered somewhere in there.  In fact, they must have been two feet off the ground as they continued down the beach to meet with the family; took just short of a full on sprint to catch up with them after I left my hidey-hole.

After catching my breath and explaining mine being there, I did manage to snap off a nice gushy one of the newly betrothed.


All snark aside, I want to wish God's blessings over Chase and Chloe's relationship.  

I pray that their future is filled with love, encouragement and support for one another as they begin their journey as two people living as one, in pursuit of the righteousness and holiness bestowed in their lives through the life and love of Christ Jesus.  I pray that the Word of God saturate every facet of their relationship, creating a pouring out of God's love both between themselves and on to those around them.  I pray that God's will be earnestly sought and honored by both parties without hesitation and that God always be at the center of their joy and everything they do.

Congratulations you two!

1 comment: